WhatsApp continues to be one of the most loved apps today, especially by millennials! Apart from just providing us with a user-friendly messaging platform, this prodigious app has also gone out of its way to impress the youth. Starting from group chats, to WhatsApp calls, to video conferencing, the app is continuously bringing in new features with its latest updates to keep us glued to it. While most of us are pretty informed when it comes to the recent Whatsapp updates, a few of us are not all that tech-savvy. Hence, there are some lesser-known or rather hidden features of the Facebook-owned app that we all should definitely know about to help us use it more extensively and, of course, securely. Listed below are five such lesser-known features
1. Dark Mode: WhatsApp’s latest Dark mode feature has been talked about for almost a year now. According to a WABetaInfo report, the Dark Mode feature for Whatsapp was finally made available in February this year for both Android and iOS users. WhatsApp users can use the dark theme on their phones right away. The feature is also available for WhatsApp Business users.
2. WhatsApp Pay: The WhatsApp Pay feature is available for beta users in India. As reported, a million beta users are already using the feature in the country though it hasn’t been officially launched on the public WhatsApp application. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said the company is planning to roll-out the official WhatsApp Pay feature for all its users in the next six months.
3. Fingerprint lock: WhatsApp recently rolled out one of its niftiest features on the messaging app – the fingerprint lock! This feature was primarily made available to iPhone users who used Face ID or Touch ID to lock and unlock WhatsApp on iOS. Later, the feature was also provided on the Android platform. Prior to this, Android users were using third-party apps for additional security on WhatsApp. Image source: Reuters
4. Typewriter font: Most WhatsApp users are already aware of the bold, italics and strike-through fonts on WhatsApp that can be easily accessed through a couple of commands provided by the user while chatting. However, the typewriter font is something most of us would not really know about. Also, it is considered to be one of the most hard-to-find features on WhatsApp. It needs a little more effort to be used but it is totally worth it if you like the font. So, if you want to surprise your friends, go ahead and type your message as – “““your message“` and there you go!
5. Pin important chats: Another important WhatsApp feature that may intrigue its users is the Pin important chats feature on the app. Are some messages more important to you than the rest? Well, WhatsApp has got your back! You can now pin your important chats and they will appear at the top of your WhatsApp Chats screen for you to access them instantly. Wondering how to pin your important chats? Android users can simply long-press the chat message of the person/group they want to pin and hit the pin icon for placing the message at the top of the screen. iOS users can do the same by just swiping right on the chat message and selecting the pin option.